7/12/2010 -- Talofa Family and Friends!
First of all -- I so do miss the HOT 105 dry degrees of STG. I would much rather be living in the dry heat than this wet heat! It feels hotter and the temp is only in the 90's! It is awful! My make-up is rubbed off by all of the sweat on my face so I pretty much wear a minimal amount of makeup for the time being. Whew....
Anyway -- man I love missionary work! Things are still a little rough right now with finding people to teach but we are working through it with faith. On Friday we held a special fast to find people to teach. It was a long hard day but I know the spiritual blessings will come from it. We are really working hard in the hot, wet, sticky, heat to find people. It is fun! We have talked to so many wonderful people but we were not able to nail a return appointment. We did have a sort of cool experience though -- we decided to knock this road and on the second house we talked to this guy named "Bob" (he hesitated when he said it so I don't think it is his real name) about the restoration for about a half an hour but wasn't able to get a return appointment. We were sad but it felt good to talk to him. It was such a testimony builder for me to explain the need for a living prophet on the Earth. So, even though we didn't get a second appt., we felt the spirit and know he surely must have felt it too. We did plant the seed - which is great! The gospel really is true!!!!
Our chinese investigator family, the Yangs are so AMAZING!!! I know I say that every letter but it is true! They prayed at the beginning and the end of the lesson. We taught all about baptism and following the example of Jesus Christ. It is so much fun to teach them. During the lesson Sis. Baice was able to extend her first baptismal invitation. The spirit took over the lesson immediately and it was very powerful. They are still hesitant about setting a date but they are working towards it. It is crazy to think that a month a go they had no idea who God or Jesus are and now here they are committing to baptism. That is just another testimony builder to me of the unseen forces in this righteous work. The next day on Sunday during church the Gospel Principles lesson was on baptism...imagine that?! Coincidence, I think not. They were asking Brother Cheung (the main fellow shipper/translator) a lot of questions after the lesson. I just wished I spoke Chinese to know what they were asking!!!! First Burmese and now Chinese~Ha!
This morning as we were at the library e-mailing one of our investigators called us out of the blue and wanted to meet with us this afternoon. His name is Jerome Saunders and was found a few days before I arrived in the area. He is hard to get a hold of so we haven't been able to meet with him as much as we would like to so it was such a blessing for him to call us. It rarely happens that an investigator would call and ask to meet with us; usually it is the other way around. We were able to have a great lesson with him about his reading assignment in Mosiah 2. Helping him focus on the power that the BOM has to answer questions of the soul. Everyone should check out Preach My Gospel chapter 5, it is all about the BOM. Very good stuff!!!
Mom, sounds like camp was amazing. I got goose bumps while reading your letter. It was powerful. What a neat idea it was to have the camp dedicated. Wow, mom you are so great. I really was praying for you all week that you would be calm and the spirit would be with you. I'm a little sad I missed it (just a little). No doubt in my mind about Ruth. She is such a special person with a rare gift of speaking and bearing testimony. Mom I'm so proud of you. You are such a great leader and dedicated servant of the Lord. Your testimony inspires me. Yes I did get your package. The Hawaii pics are beautiful! Sis. Baice was jealous!!!! Kambria is just the cutest. Please give her an Auntie Lerin hug and kiss for me. We are going to be best friends when I get home!
In about 45 minutes we are going to have dinner with Brance, Jannette, Brian, and the kids. I'm so excited to see them!!!! Woo Hoo....how cool to see and have dinner with relatives while on a mission!!!! Love to you all!
Love, Sis. Bridges
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment